This cocktail uses honey to flavour this combination of three classic cocktails in one glass: the Air Mail (rum, honey, citrus, and Champagne), the Champagne Cocktail, and the Mojito.
How to make one yourself
• 1 fl. oz. (2 Tbs.) honey syrup
• 1/2 fl. oz. (1 Tbs.) fresh lime juice
• 4 large mint leaves; plus sprigs for garnish
• 1 fl. oz. (2 Tbs.) aged dark rum
• 1 dash Angostura bitters
• 1 fl. oz. (2 Tbs.) chilled sparkling dry wine
1. Put the honey syrup, lime juice, and mint in a chilled cocktail shaker.
2. Press (don’t pulverize) the mint with a muddler or wooden spoon until fragrant.
3. Add the rum and bitters and fill the shaker with ice.
4. Put the lid on the shaker and make sure you have a tight seal. Shake as hard as you can for about 10 seconds and then strain into a chilled small coupe.
5. Add the sparkling wine and garnish with a mint sprig.
To make honey syrup:
Combine equal parts of your favorite honey and boiling water and stir to dissolve. Let cool completely before using. Store in the refrigerator between uses for up to 1 month.